October 9, 2023, Alegria, Surigao del Norte. In a dazzling ceremony, right after the State of the Municipality Address of Mayor Rene G. Esma held at the Don Francisco “Kikoy” Bagol Sports Complex, the Municipal Government of Alegria, Surigao del Norte, celebrated the outstanding contributions and achievements of the community’s finest individuals and businesses on October 9, 2023.
Top 5 Business Establishments with Highest Taxpayers Plaque of Commendation:
The Municipal Mayor, Hon. Rene G. Esma, bestowed honors upon the top 5 business establishments that have significantly contributed to the local economy through their exemplary tax payments. The awardees were recognized for their dedication to the community:
- Diamond Rice Mill in Barangay San Pedro owned by Paul Pontious Gogo
- 3Gs Gasoline Station in Barangay San Pedro owned by Glenn Lulab
- Islander Variety Store in Barangay San Pedro owned by Marvin E. Ofqueria
- RFV Grocery Store in Barangay Julio Ouano owned by Prescilla Almedilla
- Cantilan Bank, Inc. in Barangay Gamuton managed by Alden Angob
Mayor Esma expressed his gratitude to these businesses for their significant contributions to the economic growth of Alegria.
Recognition of Graduates with Excellence (RGE) Awardees Plaque of Commendation:
The ceremony also featured the acknowledgment of graduates who demonstrated academic excellence. The Recognition of Graduates with Excellence (RGE) Awardees for their exemplary achievements were:
- Clark Duke Borinaga, Magna Cum Laude from Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology (MSU-IIT) with a degree in BPED
- Cristejyn B. Brigole, Cum Laude from Caraga State University (CSU) with a degree in BS Social Work
- Annjie E. Rubio, Cum Laude from Surigao del Norte State University (SNSU) with a degree in BSTM
- Herilyn J. Lugait, Cum Laude from Caraga State University (CSU) with a degree in BS Biology
- Charlene C. Isaga, Cum Laude from Central Mindanao University (CMU) with a degree in BSBA
- Selwyn Sann T. Ignacio, Cum Laude from Rizal Technological University (RTU) with a degree in BSBA
- Kenneth Tirso M. Leopoldo, Cum Laude from Mindanao State University (MSU) with a degree in BS Social Work
Mayor Esma commended these graduates for their dedication to academic excellence, serving as inspirations to the youth of Alegria.
Special Awardee Plaque of Commendation:
In addition to academic and economic achievements, special awards were presented to individuals who brought honor to Alegria in provincial, national, and international arenas. The awardees were recognized for their exceptional contributions and accomplishments:
- Rydelle Grace B. Abarico, in recognition of her exceptional talent and unwavering dedication in representing LGU-Alegria and the Philippines during the World Skate Games 2022 at San Juan, Argentina. She secured the distinguished title of “5th World Women’s Downhill Skate Games 2022” and the 3rd Fastest in Argentina, earning her the spot as the Only Asian in the Top 10 World Ranking.
- Rubie O. Patosa, in recognition of her exemplary contribution as a Community Volunteer in the successful implementation of KALAHI CIDSS – Additional Financing in the Municipality of Alegria.
- Lean Lebie M. Zamora, in recognition of her exceptional talent and unwavering dedication in representing LGU-Alegria during the Search for Kababajinhang Surogon 2023. Her extraordinary performance earned her the distinguished title of “Best in Talent and in Runway Challenge.”
- Arnel D. Estoconing, in recognition of his exceptional talent and unwavering dedication in representing LGU-Alegria during the Search for Baganing Solibao 2023. His extraordinary performance earned him the distinguished title of “Best in Production Number & Sponsor’s Choice Awards.”
The awards ceremony was a resounding success, reflecting the diversity and excellence that define the Municipality of Alegria. Mayor Esma concluded the event by expressing his pride in the accomplishments of the community members. He reiterated the commitment to continuous growth and continuous achievement for the #Wealth and Progress of the municipality. (JSN)