745 rice farmers receive ₱5K
26 February 2022 | Some 745 rice farmers in the Alegria, Surigao del Norte received financial assistance from the Department of Agriculture.
Engr. Raul Micompal, the Municipal Agriculturist of the Municipality of Alegria, Surigao del Norte revealed that rice farmers of the municipality received cash in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (₱5,000.00) per farmer on February 22, 2022.
“ The Department of Agriculture through the Regional Field Office 13 (RFO 13), Provincial Agriculture Office (PAO), USSC Western Union Bank and Municipal Agriculture Office MAO/LGU-Alegria last February 22, 2022, at Municipal Women’s Development Center, Alegria, SDN conducted distribution of Cash with the amount of Five Thousand Pesos per farmer to 745 rice farmers of the municipality of Alegria with a total amount of Three Million Seven Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (₱3,725,000) under the Rice Farmers Financial Assistance 2 (RFFA 2)”, Micompal said in a report.
The RFFA 2 is part of the agency’s response after Typhoon Odette brought damage to agriculture, especially to the rice sector in the municipality.
More News Update!
- Notice to the Public: Application for Accreditation of Civil Society Organizations
- Alegria as 2022 National Kabalikat Awardee
- Alegria participates CBMS 2022 Nationwide Roll-out
- Alegria receives Gawad Kalasag Seal 2022 Award
- 1st Enduro Xtrail Competition set on June 11
- PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST 2022 on 54th Adlaw nan Alegria
- Vlog Contest 2022 on 54th Adlaw nan Alegria